MonaVie Allows Social Media
Reading the latest issue of MonaVie’s On The Move magazine online, I noticed that the corporation is now allowing its distributors to share MonaVie on blogs and social networks.
In the past, I believe only Black Diamonds were actually allowed to have their own personal web sites (not counting the MonaVie-sponsored cookie cutter web sites for distributors). Of course, this hasn’t stopped distributors from posting anonymously online on many web sites.
Before distributors can post text and videos online, they have to complete this Compliance Certification course. Other things that distributors need to follow include:
- All text postings must include the Distributor’s name and ID number.
- All video must include a clear image of the Distributor’s name and ID number.
- All videos must be approved in advance by our Compliance department.
- Distributors shall use the Independent Distributor Logo.
- All postings, either text or video, must contain busines opportunity content and may only mention the product by name. All reference to the product should be made by referring the viewer to either the Independent Distributor’s website or to http://www.monavie.com. No testimonials of any kind will be permitted.
Bold emphasis is mine. In the past, putting up your distributor ID number was a quick way to get terminated. Somehow, I don’t think that those distributors debating the critics on sites like PurpleHorror and Lazy Man or even Orrin Woodward’s blog are going to start putting up their distributor numbers. Plus, do you really think a Black Diamond like Orrin Woodward is going to display his distributor numbers on every video and blog post he makes regarding MonaVie?
My thinking is that there’s one set of rules for Diamonds and another set of rules for everyone else.
Now, I understand why MonaVie doesn’t want people providing testimonials for something that is basically juice concentrate in a fancy wine bottle, but what are they going to say other than, “Ain’t it great! This stuff makes me healthy, wealthy and wise! Email me for more info!” or some other nonsensical drivel?