EarthFruits and MonaVie: What’s the Connection?
I saw photos of a company named EarthFruits while looking at the photos of MonaVie Black Diamonds in Brazil. For instance, the photo to the right is of MonaVie Black Diamond Onyx Coale, who is wearing an EarthFruits lab coat in Brazil.
According to the web site, EarthFruits supplies exotic superfruits and superfoods from the Amazon to the world. I have long wondered who supplies the raw acai berry materials to MonaVie, and now I’m wondering if it’s not EarthFruits. The company was founded in South Jordan, Utah, which just happens to be the home base of MonaVie too. The company is also involved with the MORE Project, which as we all know, is was founded by the executive officers of MonaVie. EarthFruits supports the MORE Project “as part of its socially responsible efforts in Brazil.”
* One serving of Perfect Acai is 2 capsules and there are 120 capsules in a bottle. One bottle is $39.95 and if you buy 3 bottles the price drops down to $29.95 a bottle. One serving of Perfect Acai will cost between 50 and 67 cents.
* Compare this to another popular product, MonaVie™ Juice. One bottle of Monavie juice is 25.35 ounces and cost about $45. One serving is 2 ounces. The cost per serving of the Monavie juice is about $3.55.
Some questions to ponder:
- Is EarthFruits the supplier of Amazonian berries for MonaVie?
- How can MonaVie justify the cost of its juice when compared to significantly lower-priced acai products that use the exact same source?
- Is there anything more than a business relationship between EarthFruits and MonaVie?
- If MonaVie is working with EarthFruits, why doesn’t it talk more about its support of Fair Trade?
The photos from President and COO Devin Thorpe are raising a number of questions about MonaVie. People who are critical of the MonaVie product and opportunity owe a debt of gratitude that such a high-level executive would give us so much talk about! Sarcasm aside, leave a comment and continue the discussion!
Update March 21, 2010: Lazy Man has posted a new post about EarthFruits and MonaVie on his Juice Scam web site. Check it out.