What Happens at a Weekly Meeting?
My post on what happens at a monthly seminar got some great comments. Let’s turn our attention to the weekly seminar held by many a MLM training organization, from TEAM/R3Global in MonaVie and to WWDB in Amway.
Each team has its own night for their weekly meetings — back in the day, mine were on Friday. For Orrin Woodward’s TEAM, Tuesday is the night. Is there any nickname for these meetings? Towering Tuesdays? TEAM Tuesdays?
So, what exactly happens at a Tuesday meeting? From my experience, it went like this:
- 5:00 pm: Get off work.
- 5:45 pm: Get home, get dressed into a suit and tie
- 6:00 pm to 6:45 pm: Drive nearly an hour to the meeting in some faraway hotel room.
- 6:45 pm to 7:00 pm: Lots of hugging for a business meeting. Hugging? I’d call it love bombing today.
- 7:00 pm to 8:00 pm: Listen to the same plan once again. I think I’ve heard it a hundred times by now. Look around as most of the people in the room are already in the business, with just a handful (or sometimes none at all) prospects sitting (i.e. forced) in the front row.
- 8:00 pm to 8:30 pm: More love bombing… err hugging… and trying to convince the prospects to sign up.
- 8:30 pm to 10:00 pm: The meeting after the meeting. Teaching and training about how to build the business and promoting upcoming events.
- 10:00-10:15 pm: Don’t forget to buy your tools!
- 10:15 pm to 11:00 pm: The long drive back home. Try not to fall asleep while driving home. Not sure a CD would help or hinder that cause!
This was the same thing, week in, week out. To those who are thinking of joining the business, know that at least one night out of every single week will be devoted to this. Get ready to find a babysitter, cancel any outings with your outside friends, and be prepared to drive some serious miles in order to attend these meetings.
If you’re attending a TEAM meeting, you also better have a suit with a red tie, cause those members won’t like it if you’re aren’t dressed like the Supreme TEAM Leader himself! If you’re part of Brig Hart’s R3Global organization, you had better be decked out in the latest, garish MonaVie/R3Global tops and bottoms. Does anybody actually walk in public dressed like this???
Former members, is my experience similar to yours? How are the Tuesday TEAM meetings different or the same? Leave your responses in the comments section below!