Humor: The “Legendary” Tom Vu
I wonder if some people have been mirroring their presentations after the infomercial legend, Tom Vu. Anyone recall watching his infomercials back in the late 80’s and early 90’s?
Let’s count up some similarities seen in Vu’s videos with someone more contemporary:
- Florida. Check.
- Mansion. Check.
- Fast Car. Check.
- Boat. Check.
- Dreams of making big money. Check.
- Testimonials from happy customers. Check.
- Calling people losers who disagree with him. Check.
- Red tie. Check.
- Bikini-clad women… well, they are fit.
Do any of these Vu quotes sound familiar?
- “Come to my seminar!”
- “Don’t listen to your friends. They’re losers!”
- “If you’re not willing to spend three free hours to learn from a self-made millionaire to maximize your opportunity, you deserve to be broke!”
- “At first I got lots of discouragement from friends and strangers who are losers… I had to keep telling these people every time, ‘You are losers! Get out of my way!'”
- “A lot of people will tell you, ‘Don’t come to the seminar. It’s a get-rich-quick plan.’ Well, tell them it is a get-rich-quick plan because life is too short to get rich slow.”
Today, Tom Vu is a professional poker player living in Las Vegas, Nevada. Watch more archival clips from Tom Vu’s informercials on YouTube.