Since Orrin Won’t Talk About Amway/Quixtar, Let Dan Hawkins Explain It
Since Orrin can speak no ill will of Amway following the confidential settlement of their respective lawsuits, let’s hear what TEAM/LIFE Policy Council member Dan Hawkins has to say about Orrin’s past with Amway/Quixtar. The post seems to be in response to the Pokorny Class Action Lawsuit settlement and is an attempt to cast Orrin in the whistleblower limelight. Hawkin’s missive is too long to copy in this blog post, but the points that I’d like to comment on include:
- Orrin saw the problems with regards to IBO profitability, high-priced products, etc. with Amway/Quixtar back in 2005. Orrin writes a letter to Doug Devos outlining these grievances and his solutions.
- 40,000 people followed Orrin into the unknown after his dismissal from Amway/Quixtar in 2007.
- No mention of MonaVie during period of time after dismissal from Amway/Quixtar and launch of LIFE in 2011.
- LIFE “addresses and fixes almost all of the problems spelled out in the letter to Doug DeVos.”
- Critics of Orrin Woodward are “Amway Drones”
Here are my questions:
- How did Orrin promote Amway/Quixtar during the time between his letter to Doug Devos to his dismissal from Amway/Quixtar? Did he promote it as the best business opportunity in the world? Please refer to this video of Orrin Woodward in which he states, “World-class products brought to you at world-class prices,” and “We have the greatest opportunity… not a good one… the best one… the best one.”
- Does TEAM currently have 40,000 members today? Photos from their major seminars show what looks to be at most 15,000 people in attendance. Where did the other 25,000 people go?
- Why didn’t Hawkins mention the three years in which Orrin was hawking MonaVie juice products to TEAM? In many posts (since removed from his blog), Orrin talked about how MonaVie was such a better business opportunity than Amway. What changed? Why is Orrin now just talking about how great the products are, but not talking about or promoting the MonaVie business opportunity?
- How does LIFE address and fix all the problems of Amway/Quixtar when the analyses show that it has many of the same problems?
Calling the critics of Orrin Woodward “Amway Drones” is laughable when it’s abundantly clear that we’re most certainly not fans of Amway1.
I’ll close with this quote of Orrin’s from Hawkins:
I was with him one weekend during probably the hardest part of this fight when he said to me, “If Laurie and I have to sell everything and move back into a trailer, that is what we will do to make this right.”
Actions speak louder than words. Last I checked, Orrin’s house in Florida is no trailer, and his boat is no canoe.
1 With a pseudonym like Amthrax, do members in TEAM/LIFE really think I’m a fan of Amway?