Ex-TEAM Reader Q&A: Jackie Frey’s TEAM/LIFE Statement
Here is another personal story from former TEAM members, Don and Jackie Frey. Read more ex-TEAM member’s stories here.
After being involved with TEAM for over 5 years, (my husband and I both), I am no longer a part of the TEAM Association and/or business. I no longer felt that the business was the business of character and integrity that I had once believed and that it was time to disassociate myself completely.
I feel a personal obligation to share the truth about my feelings towards this organization. I would like to emphasize and stress that these are my personal feelings and I am only speaking on behalf of myself. This is how I feel after being involved for the five years. I feel led to share the truth. My hope is that people considering involvement will be able to make an informed decision. My biggest regret is that I did not realize it sooner and stop the bleeding.
First and foremost, I would like to personally apologize publicly to anyone I approached about TEAM. Please accept my deepest apologies. I have had a chance to review my past actions and have many regrets. I am committed to share the truth now. It has been a very long journey to get to this point. Speaking out is my way of attempting to make restitution for my wrong decision making in the past.
If I contacted you (sometimes more than once possibly) regarding the business opportunity of TEAM or got you involved in the business opportunity of TEAM, I am sorry. I am truly sorry for promoting something that I no longer believe in. I am sincere when I say that truly did believe in what I was doing at the time.
My suggestion to anyone considering involvement is to know what you’re in or getting into to. Do you homework and research. There is SO MUCH MORE to the story than what TEAM people think. I am confident the truth will prevail in the end. I agree with much of what is on Amthrax.
I pray for all of the leaders on the Team that the Lord might bring them to repentance and that they would see they are hurting so many people with their business practices. It’s nothing but a tragedy. All I want to do is be truthful & share my personal experience. So many people have been lied to. It’s just wrong. Not sure how some people can know certain things and still be able to sleep at night.
One really does never know what to believe unless of course you were there to witness it first hand. I can’t speak for anyone or everyone, only myself and my husband and our personal experience with Team/Quixtar/Mona Vie. I truly believe everyone’s intentions start out good and then somehow unfortunately get misguided when $$ is involved. I think there is some serious butt-covering going on.
We loved how we felt when we were first introduced to the TEAM. Soon after getting involved you realize that “something is not right” but you BELIEVE. Those CD’s keep you believing!! It is a cult like atmosphere and I will never be convinced otherwise.
The following statements are in fact truth and what I believe in my heart and soul.
- When we were approached about the “TEAM” opportunity in December of 2006, we were NEVER told much of anything about Quixtar except that was who we used for our “shopping hub”. TEAM was the business, not Quixtar. Nothing, Zip, Nada about Quixtar whatsoever.
- We seriously got in the business to be able to shop online. We were told the pricing was better than you could get in the store. Sounded good to us, as we were already big online shoppers. Why not buy from ourselves we were told. Made sense to us.
- We were in 100% from the time was saw George Guzzardo on the following Saturday night at a Seminar. We so believed in what was told to us. We wanted to make a difference in the world. We wanted to help people.
- From 2006 until just last year, we invested (spent) thousands of dollars on our business buying Team tools, going to every Team open meeting and Seminar, buying product(s) from Quixtar, buying product(s) from Mona Vie, buying product(s) from LIFE.
- I believe that folks hang on because they feel a loyalty to everyone the “got in”. That’s how we felt. How could we quit on them?
- We truly believed 100% that we were going to be THE WALMART OF THE INTERNET. This is what we were told.
- To this day I feel really ashamed to have contacted my friends and family offering them something that wasn’t really what we thought it was.
- We spent more time building and replacing our business than anything else. It was so tiring. The frustration was overwhelming.
- Many many people are spending (“investing”) money that they simply DO NOT have all in the name of TEAM. It’s wrong. Trust be told, how many people are racking up charges on their credit cards. It’s crazy.
- New people are clearly being misled about the history of the TEAM. It’s wrong, plain & simple.
Here are just some of the many questions I have:
- Where is Pastor Dickie? I have gone looking for his materials only to be given a run around by the TEAM office. Something is not right. I’ve never gotten a straight answer from anyone on why he is gone. Who didn’t love Pastor Dickie? He is such an awesome man.
- Why did Chuck Goetschel leave? I loved him too. Where do they go? They just quietly disappear & nobody says a word…………
- Mark & Raquel just disappeared too. Now I know why but we sure didn’t at the time.
- Why change the Team tools all the time? We spent so much money just trying to keep up all the time. WE BELIEVED! We were suckers and I believe there are many many people just like us. People spending money they don’t have.
- I tried many times to get a straight answer on “how the money worked” and “how profit sharing” worked. Never could get anything in writing on what the guidelines were. How are you supposed to know what you’re running for when you can’t be given anything? Something’s not right with that.
I could go on and on but why? I do understand Raquel Peter’s reasoning’s for wanting to tell her story and try and prevent it from happening to other folks. None of us want to admit we made a mistake by getting involved. We are embarrassed & just want it to go away. We are embarrassed that we believed. We are embarrassed that we spent so much money. We are embarrassed that we got our very close friends and family involved. We want our family & friends to forget we even contacted them about it. Nobody wants to really talk about it. Don (my husband) and I are still feeling ashamed of all the money we blew all in the name of TEAM. We were duped and now we understand it but we sure didn’t understand it at the time.
We had our reservations early on but because of the strong relationships with our upline, we held on. Now we know why our tax lady tried to steer us clear and why everybody asked “is that one of those MLM things?” We made a big mistake by believing.
Now we move on to a different chapter of our life and a lot more money in the bank.
Again, my apologies to everyone.
Here are some more Ex-TEAM Q&A’s that you may be interested in reading.
- Heather’s “Just Came To” Ex-TEAM Q&A
- Ex-TEAM Q&A: Former Turbo 25 P.J. Talks About His Recent Departure
- Ex-TEAM Reader Q&A: Susan Lovelace TEAM/LIFE Statement
- Ex-TEAM Reader Q&A: Memory Lame
- Ex-TEAM Reader Q&A: Out in PA TEAM/LIFE Statement
- Ex-TEAM Reader Q&A: Jackie Frey’s TEAM/LIFE Statement
- Ex-TEAM Reader Q&A: Soon2BOut
- Ex-TEAM Reader Q&A: I QUIT (and glad I did)
- Ex-TEAM Reader Q&A: Glad to be Free of the LIFE TEAM
- Ex-TEAM Reader Q&A: Katie